Join us Oct. 4-9 and get the essay done.
Get expert help crafting an essay that makes college admissions officers remember your name! At $698, this online workshop is extremely valuable when compared to one-on-one coaching.
Workshop Schedule (all times EST)
Prior to Oct. 4: Initial 30-min private coaching to start first draft.
Sunday Oct. 4: 10-11am instruction followed by 30-min coaching.
Tuesday Oct. 6: 5-6pm instruction followed by 30-min coaching.
Friday Oct. 9: 5-6pm instruction followed by 30-min coaching.
Sunday Oct. 11: Receive final feedback on essay.
What You Will Learn
- Who are admissions officers and what are they looking for?
- What makes a WOW college essay?
- What are the pillars of strong narrative and authentic voice?
- How to elevate story with scene, dialogue and sensory language, deepen impact with personal reflection and driving questions, and grab attention with active rather than passive voice.
- Hone in on the wisdom and emotion in your story that make readers connect.
- How to take your first draft to the next level.
How You Will Learn It
- Start with a one-on-one session with your instructor and get the tools you need to produce a first draft before Sunday.
- Sunday: Attend a one-hour group class, followed by a 30-one-on-one coaching.
- Monday: Use what you have learned to complete a 2nd draft.
- Tuesday: Attend a one-hour lesson on crafting story telling and reflection, then a one-on-one for feedback on the 2nd draft.
- Wednesday & Thursday: Work on your 3rd draft independently.
- Friday: Mock admissions committee and a lesson on revising. Students then work with the instructor one-on-one on the 3rd draft.
- Sunday: students send the final (4th) draft by Sunday and the instructor provides final feedback.
Read a sample "before" and "after" essay:
Frequently Asked Questions
Meet your instructor:
Armed with a Masters in dramatic literature from the Sorbonne (Paris) and an MFA in playwriting from Yale, Justin has helped hundreds of students boost their scores as a test prep tutor (SAT/ACT, SAT/AP French) and boost their admissions prospects as a college application consultant. He has taught writing at Yale University, Wesleyan University, the Sorbonne, in high schools and privately throughout New York City with all ages. He is also a professional meditation teacher and loves sharing meditation hacks to cruise through stress on test day (ask him about being the meditation teacher for Facebook).
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
KIND WORDS FROM HAPPY CLIENTS
"You did a great job helping my daughter craft an essay that captures who she is. Thanks again for your expertise."
"[My daughter's] essay is fantastic. I am so happy she was in this workshop! She went in a completely different direction with her essay and thank god for that. I am really impressed and I think it will stand out!"
"This workshop was the best boost my daughter needed. You helped her to understand what she was trying to convey. Thank you so much for inspiring her."